Are you planning a trip to Amarillo, Texas? Knowing how to get there is key for an enjoyable experience.
Whether you come by car or plane, this guide will show you the best routes and provide helpful tips and information about what you might expect along the directions to Amarillo Texas. Let’s dive in!
If you choose to drive, the best route from Dallas is I-20 West then US 287 North until you reach Amarillo. The total driving time is around 5 hours.
Along the way, you’ll pass through Fort Worth and Wichita Falls before entering into Oklahoma and eventually crossing into Texas again.
You can also take I-35 North if coming from Austin or San Antonio – it all depends on which route will be faster for your particular trip.
If flying is more your speed, the Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport (AMA) has nonstop flights from major cities like Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Houston (IAH), Chicago (ORD), and Denver (DEN).
Once at AMA, you can rent a car or take advantage of ride share services like Uber or Lyft for convenient transportation throughout the city.
Other Considerations For directions to Amarillo Texas
When traveling via road or air, please keep in mind that some roads may be closed due to construction projects or inclement weather so plan accordingly.
Also make sure that your vehicle has enough gas – there are plenty of gas stations off I-20 but they are spaced out once you get further away from Dallas so use caution when filling up!
Lastly, if flying please allow yourself extra time at security as TSA lines may be long during peak travel season.
The Best Route To Amarillo, Texas
Taking the best route to Amarillo, Texas is a great way to explore the beauty of the Lone Star State.
There are many directions to take in order to get there, so it’s best to pick one that allows you to relish in the scenic views and historical landmarks along the way.
One route begins in Tulsa, Oklahoma where you can see iconic sites like The Blue Whale before traveling through towns such as Perryton and McLean, eventually reaching Amarillo after a journey full of breathtaking sights.
Another option is starting from Abilene, TX and heading northwest down I-20 until merging onto US-287 southbound towards Amarillo.
No matter what direction you choose for your trip, it’s an adventure sure to amaze and create lasting memories!
Directions To Amarillo, Texas
If you’re looking for directions to Amarillo, Texas, you’re in luck.
Getting to Amarillo is relatively easy as there are several major roads and highways that connect the town directly or indirectly to surrounding cities.
From Houston or San Antonio, both in Texas, one can take Highway 60 west until they reach the intersection of I-27 and then go north until they hit their destination in Amarillo.
While from Dallas, which is located further east, drivers should head west on Interstate 20 until that same intersection of I-27 and then continue northward into Amarillo.
Of course, if you prefer a more leisurely stroll through nature and are looking for something off the beaten path, then any number of gorgeous state parks will grant you just that.
No matter how you choose to traverse this route, heading to Amarillo is sure to be a unforgettable journey.
Whichever route you take, directions to Amarillo are relatively simple to follow!
Tips for Directions to Amarillo Texas
1. Amarillo is located in the Texas Panhandle, about halfway between Dallas and Albuquerque.
2. The best time to visit Amarillo is in the spring or fall, when the weather is mild and there are fewer crowds.
3. There are several ways to get to Amarillo, including flying into the Amarillo International Airport, driving, or taking the Amtrak train.
4. Once you arrive in Amarillo, there are a number of things to do, including visiting Palo Duro Canyon State Park, the Cadillac Ranch, or the Big Texan Steak Ranch.
5. If you’re looking for a place to stay, there are a number of hotels and motels in Amarillo, as well as RV parks and campgrounds.
6. When it comes to dining, Amarillo has something for everyone, from barbecue and Tex-Mex to fine dining and local favorites.
7. Shopping is also a popular activity in Amarillo, with a number of malls and shopping centers located throughout the city.
8. For those interested in history and culture, Amarillo is home to a number of museums, including the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum and the Don Harrington Discovery Center.
9. The city also has a number of art galleries, theaters, and live music venues.
10. If you’re looking for something to do with kids, Amarillo has several family-friendly attractions, including Splash Kingdom Water Park and Wonderland Park.
11. For those who like to gamble, there are two casinos in Amarillo: Lucky Star Casino and Boot Hill Casino & Resort.
Whether driving or flying, getting directions to Amarillo Texas can be a breeze with a bit of planning.
Be sure to do research on amenities available along your chosen route as well as any potential closure updates so that your journey goes smoothly. Bon voyage!