Deciding what to eat at the end of the day is always difficult. Few want to cook after a hectic day at work, which is quite understandable. Therefore, we have enlisted some best Korean airfood recipes in this article. They are simple to make. This type of food is very famous in Korea, the USA, the UK, and many other countries. By taking inspiration from their rising trend, We have gathered the Top 9 airfood recipes in this article. But let’s first get to know what is actually the airfood.
What is Airfood Recipe?
Airfood is a snack food that originates from Germany. Basically, it is dried mashed potatoes coated in fat or oil and deep-fried until they are crispy. Since this food is externally heated, it retains its original taste and remains crispy. Popcorns have identical characteristics. But they are a more refined version. This food has a lower quantity of calories. So, you can eat them easily if you are diet conscious.
Besides that, they are easy to make. It only takes a few minutes and basic ingredients to cook them. So, if you are craving something healthy to eat, airfood is something you should prioritize.
Is Airfood Healthy to Eat:
Airfood has a low quantity of calories with almost 25 calories per serving. Moreover, they are also gluten-free which makes them suitable for people who are gluten intolerant or have celiac disease. This type of food is also a rich source of fiber and potassium. So, they help improve digestion. Since they have a lot of monosaturated fats, they are useful for reducing the risks of heart disease and lowering blood pressure. More than that, airfood is high in vitamins and antioxidants. In short, this easy-making food is quite beneficial for your health.
Here are 9 Types of airfood that you can make easily:
Various parts of the world enjoy airfood, which is made from compressed air. The flavor and texture of airfood differ with each type. Popular 9 airfood types include:
#1. Ramen noodles:
It is one of the best airfood recipes, and it was first discovered in Japan! It is too spicy, but delicious as well! It is the type of instant food which has been enjoyed all over the world!
It has packed in cups, and you can get them in different flavors according to your desire! Furthermore, it is half-cook food, and you can bake it in the microwave, which is why it is an essential food for everyone.
- Pack of ramen noodles
- A pot
- One cup of water
Here are simple steps to make this recipe:
Take a pot and pour 120ml water into it.
Boil the water at 150-180 Fahrenheit
Now add noodles to this mixture and shake it
You can add some spices and vegetables as per your desire
Now, your ramen noodle is ready, and you can serve it in a dough shape with different toppings, such as chicken and seaweed! Now it’s time for you to enjoy your meal.
#2. Spring Roll Wrappers:
What’s best other than having spring roll wrappers on the go? Did you know that you can get them as your airfood while traveling? It’s not that hard to make! You can have them with different fillings, as the name states that it is a wrap!
What you need:
- Spring roll wrapper
- Air fryer
Here’s how to make it:
Deep fry the veggies and meat in the air fryer
After deep frying, your spring rolls are ready
You can add some sauces if you want to make it more delicious
Now you have your spring rolls ready to serve!
#3. Pop Tarts:
My favorite one! Pop Tarts! One cannot fulfill their journey if they don’t have any pop-tarts to go for! A perfect dessert treat made of pastry puff will make your taste buds woo!
Here are the things you need:
- Pop tarts
- Whipped cream & Custard
Make it like this:
Take a pop tart and fill them with whipped cream
You can also fill this with Custard (it’s up to you)
No doubt, this is one of the easiest recipes, and you can get them on your travel easily!
#4. Waffle Cones:
Want to enrich your journey with something icy yet fresh from the oven? You can get waffle cones at any air station, as they can have them made freshly baked from the oven!
- All-purpose flour
- Two eggs
- 250ml pack of milk
- You can buy waffle cones from the mart
The recipe is as follows:
Take all-purpose flour in a bowl
Add two eggs to the flour
Mix both ingredients until it gets thick
Now bake this mixture in the oven
Here your waffle cones are ready to serve! Moreover, you can ask them to scoop it with ice cream as well!
#5. Pie shells:
Have you ever heard of pie shells? Yes, they are soft baked sheets that you can get them as airfood easily!
- Pie shell dough
- Jam or jelly, whatever you like the most
The recipe is as follows:
Go to the market and buy pie shell dough
Apply some jam or jelly to it; what you like the most
It’s time to serve your pie shell recipe! Moreover, you can have them as a breakfast treat or even a snack!
#6. Fried Vegetables
Fried vegetables are a healthy and tasty airfood that you can make in just a few minutes. Moreover, it is easy to make it at home.
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ pounds of mixed vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.
How to Make it
- Put water and cornstarch in a bowl and let them smooth. Also, put the vegetables in this mixture and mix well. Wait for 5 minutes
- Heat oil to 350 Fahrenheit in a skillet and fry the vegetables until they are golden brown on both sides. It will take almost 5 minutes per side. Eat immediately to enjoy the maximum taste.
#7. AirFried Chicken
AirFried Chicken is an easy and delicious way of making chicken with the same texture and taste as fried chicken. To make it perfect, it is essential to have some fresh ingredients, a good recipe, and an air fryer.
- 2 lbs of boneless chicken either breasts and thighs
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
How to Cook
- Preheat your air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius. But if you are using a convection oven, heat it to 205 degrees Celsius.
- Toss the chicken with olive oil, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl until the former is layered with spices. However, you can also use anything else in lieu of these ingredients. Having them change the flavor and taste of your airfood recipe.
- Place your chicken on a wire rack inside the parchment paper using an oven or air fryer basket instead of parchment paper. They must not touch each other or anything else. You are good to go. Your AirFried Chicken is ready to serve.
Carrots are a favorite snack of numerous people, which is understandable. Because they are rich in vitamin A which is good for healthy eyesight. Moreover, there is also natural sugar in them that is helpful for your body to absorb some of their vitamins.
Health Benefits of Carrots
- They prevent eye diseases such as macular degeneration and cataracts.
- They lower triglycerides and cholesterol, thus reducing the risks of heart disease.
- Carrots are also rich in dietary fiber, which avoids overeating later.
#9. Air Steak
Air Steak is a rising trend in the food world. It is meat infused with nitrogen which keeps it airy and light. It is also known as “lighter beef” or “lightened beef.” In its flavor and texture, it is similar to foie gras.
How to Cook
- Put your beef into a pot of water and let it boil until it is thoroughly cooked.
- After this take it out and let it cool down to avoid burning.
- Once it is cooled down, cut it into thin pieces of about 1 inch with kitchen shears or a sharp knife. Now place these slices on a plate or tray covered with plastic wrap.
These are some of the 9 best Korean airfood recipes easily made on the go! And the best thing about them is that you can try making them by yourself without any hassle at your place! And these recipes can help you to enjoy your flight to the fullest! So, what are you waiting for? Start making your airfood right away by following these ultimate nine airfood recipes!